2019 Annual Conference - Registration opened 6/1/19!
We would like to invite you to attend the 2019 Annual Conference organized by the Executive Committee of the Rural Planning Caucus of Virginia, which will be held from October 16 - 18, 2019 at the historic Berry Hill Resort & Conference Center in South Boston, Virginia.
The conference begins with a special workshop Wednesday afternoon at the Virginia International Raceway with a tour by VIR's CEO, Ms. Connie Nyholm. Evening activities begin with a reception and dinner at Berry Hill. Thursday begins with sessions on the current state broadband efforts and 21st century housing in rural areas. Following lunch, there will be breakout sessions on impact fees/ proffers, solar facilities, and micro-mobility following by a short RPC business meeting and a session on overlay districts.
Thursday afternoon before dinner, we will have a hike on the nearby Tobacco Heritage Trail or a guided history tour of the Berry Hill Mansion. Following dinner and entertainment, we have our ever popular annual awards ceremony!
The conference concludes with sessions on planning ethics, legislation and law Friday morning. Unless noted, all sessions will have AICP Certification Maintenance (CM) credits. The 2019 conference is expected to provide full conference participants with a total of up to 10-12 CM credits - including ethics and legal credits.
Virginia RPC is an organization that is dedicated to identifying, publicizing and satisfying the unique planning needs of small towns and rural areas. Every year the RPC Executive Committee works hard to organize a conference where rural planning professionals from around Virginia and surrounding states can discuss important rural planning topics and network to better promote and sustain resilient rural communities.
2019 marks 41 continuous years that RPC has been hosting an annual conference for rural planning professionals. We also support the next generation of rural planners by offering an annual $1,000 scholarship to a planning student to continue their studies. Since 1999, RPC has awarded over $14,000 to college students at Virginia universities with planning programs. Please visit our Past Conferences page to see what kind of conference topics and activities we have covered in prior years.
Conference Registration (updated 5/24/2019)
All attendees and their guests need to register for the conference online by clicking the link below. Online registration opened June 1, 2019 and closes Friday, October 11, 2019. If you are a sponsor, you do not need to register - we will do it for you based on the info included on your sponsorship application.
1. Full Conference Registration - $375.00 includes all meals and events (same price as 2017 registration!)
2. Day Conference Registration - No Dinners - $230.00 includes breakfast and lunch on Thursday and Friday as well as attendance at all conference sessions. No dinners are included in this option. This option is for folks interested in attending the daytime sessions on Thursday and Friday and includes breakfast and lunch on both Thursday and Friday.
3. Spouse/Guest Registration - $155.00 cover all conference meals and events. This option is for folks who are accompanying an attendee at meals but not for the conference sessions.
4. Life Member Registration - $350 for full registration and $205 for day registration.
Registration Payment (2 options):
- Online Payment: The RPC website processes credit card payments via PayPal. Credit cards accepted include VISA, MC and Discover. You do not need to have a PayPal account to use PayPal.
- Payment by Check: If you prefer to pay by check, please click the “Pay by check” option when you are registering and print and mail the invoice with a check made payable to: “Rural Planning Caucus of Virginia” to the RPC Treasurer, Ms. Sharon Angle, P.O. Box 2721, Staunton, VA 24402.
Register for the 2019 Conference here!
Who Else Has Registered?
Click the link below to see who else has registered for the 2019 conference.
Registration Scholarship Availability
Thinking of giving RPC a try? A limited number of registration scholarships (in the form of a discounted registration rate) are available for 2019. Please contact RPC Chair, Tripp Little to check on availability.
Lodging for the 2019 conference is in the historic Berry Hill Resort & Conference Center in South Boston, Virginia. Lodging is separate from conference registration. The 2019 lodging rates are:
$94 per night (plus taxes) for a single or double room.
There is no extra charge for a spouse / guest staying in the same room.
For those that desire to arrive earlier than the conference or stay later after the conference ends, Berry Hill Resort will be offering the rooms at the same conference rate. When making reservations, please mention that you are attending the RPC conference. Reservation can be made by calling:
Berry Hill Resort & Conference Center
The RPC room block will be released to the general public after Labor Day in September.
Becoming a RPC sponsor is easy. If you are interested in learning about our conference sponsorship options, please visit our Sponsorship webpage.